Serial Com Port Splitter
Redirects data from real COM to virtual COM1, COM2, etc.
Split serial ports, join them or create complex serial port bundles
There are devices and programs which work only with real COM ports. If a computer does not have real serial ports, or they are already used by some programs, you may need to create virtual serial ports. In Serial Splitter we use VSPD technology by Eltima, which can create any number of virtual serial ports in your system.
Now With Serial port Splitter you can easily manage real and virtual ports up to your specific demands.
Briefly speaking, Serial Splitter offers 3 types of serial port managing options: one-to-many ports splitting, many-to-one port joining and many-to-many ports complex bundles creation. When Splitter is used to split only real ports and connects them to other physical serial ports, no virtual ports are created.
Common objectives and our solutions:
- Split real serial port into several virtual ones
You can split one real port into several virtual ones. Now data coming into the split real port will be sent to each out-side virtual port, and vice versa.
For example, you have a GPS sensor, connected to real serial port. Thanks to Serial Splitter, It will easily deliver GPS data into two virtual ports, connected to two navigational programs which need GPS data (e.g., Coastal Explorer and Electronic logbook).
- Join several real ports into one virtual
If you join several real ports into virtual one, all data sent by some application to one virtual port will be directed to all joined real ports and, of course, the data coming to one of the real ports will be directed to the virtual port.
For example, the application you use to receive data from two stenograph writer machines connected to two real ports at your PC, can work only with one port. So, joining two real ports into virtual one with Serial Splitter by Eltima, you make it possible for the application to work with two devices simultaneously.
- Share serial port (real one) between several applications
Sometimes you may need to share one real port among several applications.
The common usage scenario can be: by means of COM splitter meteorological station, connected to the real port, can send to and receive data from two or even more programs at once (commonly used for the software that allows to connect your PC to weather station to display data for analysis).
- Redirect serial data from any real port to another port (real or virtual)
Serial Splitter provides you with an ideal solution when you work with any serial port device or an application, which requires specific configuration settings, e.g., it can work only with COM2 port.
You may also have two devices that need to exchange data - this can be easily achieved in Serial port Splitter "Redirect" tab.
- Create complex ports bundles
This feature allows you to manage data flexibly. For example, information comes to IN side of the bundle from virtual port and then is split into several flows and directed into other virtual ports. And, vice versa, data comes to IN side of several virtual ports and then joined to one flow into one virtual port.
Of course, there are more variations of how you can use these useful features of Serial Splitter, so for more info you can refer to its documentation.
- Adds virtual and physical COM-ports to the configuration in real time
- Creates unlimited number of virtual serial ports
- Delivers reliable and high speed data exchange with virtual serial ports
- Is designed to provide simple ports bundles installation without specific programming skills
- Automatically configures ports bundles every time you boot your PC
Serial Splitter overview:
- Unique all-in-one functionality: split, join serial ports, redirect data
- Share one real port among multiple applications
- Create advanced ports bundles - combinations of real and virtual serial ports
- Create as many virtual serial ports as you need
- Full emulation of hardware control lines
- Ports bundles are automatically configured every time you boot your PC, so you don't have to recreate them again
- Serial ports are created and re-configured in real-time
- Full support of wide range of GPS devices and software
- Fully compatible with HyperThreaded and multi-processor systems
- Bidirectional data transfer
- High speed data exchange from/to virtual serial port
- Full baudrate and flow control support
- Hot installation without any need to reboot
- User-friendly interface
- Customize real serial port connection parameters (baudrate, parity, flow-control, databits and stopbits)
- Possibility to create port bundles via the registry (for OEM license owners)